By Kylee Johnson
Everyone has ideas that are worth sharing, and that’s why TED talks were created; so that people could share their ideas. Tomorrow, August 16, 2015, Lincoln High will be hosting a TEDx Youth conference in the Ted Sorensen Theatre. Presenters will include two LHS seniors – Paul Schack and Rachele Merliss – but it’s not all just speeches.
“There are speeches, talent, and there’s a lot of variety breakout sessions that will happen throughout the day,” LHS Production Head Justin Holbein said. “There are a lot of technology episodes that take place in the building when people are not speaking or performing on stage.”
Lincoln High Students aren’t just performing, but they also put in a lot of time constructing and helping run the crew. These students volunteered their time to be part of the construction crew, help with the set design, work with the lighting and sound, and also be apart of the run crew. In addition to this, Lincoln High Alum Landon Beard (’14) and Lincoln High Senior Cat Nyberg, will be emceeing this event.
For those of you who are interested in attending (and I highly suggest you do)`, here’s the basic information.
- This event will be held at Lincoln High School which is located at 2229 J Street in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- This event begins at 10 a.m. and ends around 3 p.m.
- And this event is on Saturday, August 16, 2014.
- *** IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND BUT STILL WOULD LIKE TO WATCH IT, THERE IS A LIVE STREAM AT http://netnebraska.org/stream/tedxyouth
- This event will be recorded and clips will be shown throughout the year on NETV.